LiquidRoofTape is a thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid consisting of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tapes when used in conjunction with GacoRoof 100% Silicone Roof Coating. LiquidRoofTape will fill cracks, voids and depressions; reinforce joints, seams, penetrations and transitions; and completely encapsulate fasteners and protrusions.
LiquidRoofTape will exhibit resistance to wear under light foot traffic. It is light gray in color, making it distinguishable from silicone top coatings.
- STRENGTHENED WITH MICROFIBERS. LiquidRoofTape is the ultimate 100% silicone liquid roof seam tape reinforced with microfibers.
- EXCEPTIONAL COVERAGE. LiquidRoofTape provides protection against light foot traffic during periodic maintenance.
- INNOVATIVE ROOF TAPE TECHNOLOGY. As part of an integrated system, applying LiquidRoofTape to joints, flashings, small cracks and uneven surfaces, will create a seamless membrane to apply a top coat of GacoRoof 100% Silicone Roof Coating.
- 50-YEAR LIMITED MATERIAL WARRANTY
- Small cracks
- Uneven surfaces
- Aged asphalt
- Aged EPDM
- Aged TPO/CPA
- Cap sheet
- Modified bitumen
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Most existing coatings on flat or sloped roofs
APPLICATION: Apply LiquidRoofTape to a clean, dry and sound surface. Apply by brush, roller, trowel or putty knife as received. Force the product down into all penetrations and over all protrusions. For cold weather application, keep material stored above 65°F (18°C). Ensure that previous applications of LiquidRoofTape or GacoRoof are clean, dry and well cured before recoating.
CLEAN UP: Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with GacoFlex Silicone Solvent or 100% Pure Mineral Spirits. DO NOT USE WATER OR RECLAIMED SOLVENTS.
DRY TIME: Allow the first coat to dry for 3 to 12 hours. Apply top coats as soon as the first coat can be safely walked on.
MIXING: Mix before application to assure uniform color and consistency. Power mixing is recommended for quantities greater than 1 gallon (3.8 L). Do not use a paint shaker to mix.
THEORETICAL COVERAGE: Make sure LiquidRoofTape overlaps all applied areas by at least 2” in all directions at approximately 1/8” thickness. This provides a coverage rate of 38 LFT/gallon (11.7 LM/gallon) with a 4” (10.2 cm) wide path. Alternatively, 1 gallon of product will cover approximately 350 fasteners based on 2” (5.1 cm) patches at 1/8” thickness. Coverage rate may vary with the type of application and texture of the substrate.