GacoFlex SF2000 SeamSeal is a silicone-based, solvent-free, single-component waterproof elastomeric moisture-curing sealant combined with a reinforcing agent. SeamSeal is intended for application over cleaned and primed roofs as a joint and fastener treatment in place of fabric and/or elastomeric sheet tape. It may also be used to repair blisters in spray polyurethane foam up to 4” in diameter, as a tape-seal over cracked polyurethane foam insulation, and as filler for applications over existing “alligatored” smooth BUR. SeamSeal is UV stable and may be used to repair most clean and dry roofing surfaces. It can also serve as a substitute for caulk on a variety of substrates.
- Excellent durability, color stability and chalk resistance.
- Transforms a roof with seams, gaps, and overlaps into a seamless foundation.
- GacoFlex SeamSeal makes the process of sealing seams, fasteners and roof details faster and easier. No need to kneel down!
- GacoFlex SeamSeal is an effective, waterproof alternative to conventional tape when preparing a roof for repairs and coating.
- Can also serve as a substitute for caulk on a variety of surfaces.
- By Weight - 96%
- By Volume - 95%
VOC: 35 g/l
MIXING: Mix before application to ensure uniform color and consistency.
THINNING: Product is not intended to be thinned.
ADHESION: Adhesion is excellent to polyurethane foam. A primer may be required for adhesion to built-up roofing, modified bitumen capsheet, single ply roofing (EPDM, TPO, PVC and Hypalon®), masonry, concrete, and wood. A primer must be used on all ferrous metals to prevent corrosion.
PRIMER: Existing silicone coatings should not be primed. On all other substrates, apply GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler according to label directions.
APPLICATION: Apply by brush, trowel, piping bag or roller as received. For application utilizing equipment contact Gaco Western. For cold weather application, keep material stored above 65°F (18°C). Do not apply if rain is expected within 1 hour. For application in temperatures below freezing or above 120°F (49°C) contact Gaco Western.
- Apply SeamSeal on all metal seams, joints, fasteners and penetrations at 75 to 100 linear feet of seams per gallon or 450 fasteners per gallon.
- Coat all surfaces including expansion joint covers and flashings. Extra material is required at all edges and penetrations if neoprene sheet flashing is not used.
- NOTE: Application rate is job-specific. Additional material may be required due to surface profile, losses due to overspray and wind, and residual coating left in the container.
DRY TIME: Allow to dry a minimum of 4 hours at 55°F (13°C) or higher before coating with GacoFlex Solvent-Free Silicone Coating (product is moisture cure, low humidity will result in longer dry times); coat within 4 to 48 hours.
CLEAN UP: Clean up application tools and equipment with GacoFlex Silicone Solvent. DO NOT USE WATER OR RECLAIMED SOLVENTS.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 10.00 LBSWidth: 10.00Height: 10.00Depth: 10.00