Our Southern Supreme Elastomeric Patching Compound is formulated for the permanent repair of interior or exterior cementitious substrates such as masonry, concrete, and stucco as well as brick, gypsum drywall, wood, glass, non-ferrous metal, and primed ferrous metal. It's extreme durability and maximum resistance to wind driven rain will protect your structures from moisture damage and costly repairs. Available in smooth and textured in both knife grade and brush grade it's extremely easy to apply and provides excellent adhesion to a wide variety of common construction materials. Southern Supreme Elastomeric Patching compound maintains maximum flexibility and elasticity with minimal shrinkage. Great for use with elastomeric roof systems.
- Interior or exterior use
- Modified acrylic polymers
- Excellent durability
- Excellent adhesion
- Maintains flexibility
- Minimal shrinkage
- Resists wind driven rain
- Meets ASTM Specifications
- Excellent product versatility
- Easy to apply
- Gypsum drywall
- Non-ferrous metal
- Primed ferrous metal
PREP: The surface area to be patched should be clean, dry, sound and free from dirt, grease, oils, waxes, mildew, efflorescence and any other surface contaminants that may cause adhesion failure as follows;
- Remove any loose, scaling, chipping or peeling paint from previously painted surfaces, as well as all powdery residues, efflorescence, chalk and laitance by hand scraping, sanding, wire brushing or by power tool cleaning methods, such as pressure washing, electric sanders, grinders, etc.
- Unsound masonry around crack area must be removed by methods described above to reveal a more sound and stable substrate.
- All surface projections and mortar spatters must be leveled by grinding, stoning or scraping. Special attention should be given to holes and voids to insure that they are free from contamination.
- Any remaining chalk or porous coating not sufficiently removed by pressure washing must first be sealed with a properly recommended alkali resistant surface conditioner as recommended by Manufacturer.
- All masonry substrates should be properly tested for alkali presence. Do not apply Southern Supreme Elastomeric Patching Compound if pH level readings are above 8.5.
NOTE: Allow all “NEW” concrete/masonry surfaces to dry/cure for approximately 30 days before application of material in accordance with industry standards.
APPLICATION: Formulated to be easily applied with a quality putty knife, trowel, or similar application tool as follows;
- Small cracks measuring approximately 1/64’ to 1/32” do not necessarily need to cut or routed open.
- Simply fill the crack using a wet putty knife or trowel.
- Apply a generous coat of the Southern Supreme Elastomeric Patching Compound over the center of the crack at a wet film thickness (WFT) of 1/16”.
- Feather-out the patching compound approximately 2” on both sides of the crack, or until it can no longer be worked.
- All crack, voids or joints that exceed 1/32” should be routed open to a “U” or “V” shape, approximately ¼” in width, and ¼” in depth.
- Routed openings should then be flushed with water to remove excess grinding dust, and then allowed to dry thoroughly.
- Once dry, brush out any remaining loose particles or grinding dust.
- Apply a masonry sealer to effectively seal and bind any remaining dust to the surface.
- Fill the open crack with Southern Supreme Elastomeric Patching Compound using a wet putty knife and/or trowel applying a generous coat of patching compound over the center of the crack at a wet film thickness (WFT) of 1/16” to allow for any shrinkage.
- Feather-out patching compound approximately 2” – 3” on either side of the crack.
- Cut a piece of fiberglass mesh cloth slightly larger than the patched area and firmly embed it into the patching material.
- Apply additional Southern Supreme Elastomeric Patching Compound to cover the mesh and blend the surrounding surfaces area.
- Allow to dry for approximately 4 hours, then spot prime the patched area with the recommended finish coating and allow to dry thoroughly.
- For expansion joints, control joints, horizontal masonry joints and windows, apply a quality one part urethane caulking sealant.
- Apply when surface and ambient temperatures are above 55˚ F and below 90˚ F.
- Avoid exterior application when weather conditions are threatening, and late in the day when there is a threat of moisture condensing on wet patching material.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 11.00 LBS