Benjamin Moore Sure Seal Primer is a high quality, 100% acrylic interior and exterior primer for all surfaces. This product delivers strong adhesion, stain blocking and stain resistance and quick dry for all your interior and exterior project needs.
- Strong adhesion and sealing
- Excellent stain blocking
- Quick drying
- Spatter resistant
- Provides a mildew resistant coating
- Qualifies for LEED® v4 Credit
- Qualifies for CHPS low emitting credit (Collaborative for High Performance Schools)
- CDPH v1 Emission Certified
- Master Painters Institute MPI # 6, 39, 137, 137 X-Green™ Class A (0-25) over non-combustible surfaces when tested in accordance with ASTM E-84
- Water Vapor Transmission: ASTM D1653 (method A): 7 perms
- Interior: Use on new or previously painted wood, plywood, drywall, ceiling tile, Formica®, Masonite®, ceramic tile and cured plaster.
- Exterior: Use on new or previously painted wood, fiber cement board, hardboard siding, aluminum, galvanized metal, brick, cured masonry and previously coated ferrous metal surfaces.
- Type of Stains: Water stains, tannin bleed, smoke damage, markers, crayons, pens, pencils, nicotine, hand & fingerprints, household stains such as coffee and many more.
- TO TOUCH: 30 minutes
- TO RECOAT: 1 hour
SURFACE PREPARATION: Surfaces to be painted must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, dust, grease, oil, soap, wax, scaling paint, water soluble materials, and mildew. Remove any peeling or scaling paint and sand these areas to feather edges smooth with adjacent surfaces. Glossy areas should be dulled. Drywall surfaces must be free of sanding dust. New plaster or masonry surfaces must be allowed to cure before applying base coat. Cured plaster should be hard, have a slight sheen
and maximum PH of 10; soft, porous or powdery plaster indicates improper cure. Never sand a plaster surface; knife off any protrusions and prime plaster before and after applying patching compound. Poured or pre-cast concrete with a very smooth surface should be etched or abraded to promote adhesion, after removing all form release agents and curing compounds. Remove any powder or loose particles before priming. Wood substrates must be thoroughly dry. Caution: Smooth planed clapboards or siding must be sanded thoroughly to break the “mill glaze” allowing proper penetration and adhesion. Difficult Substrates: If the surfaces to be painted exhibit severe tannin or smoke staining, an alkyd based Benjamin Moore primer may be your best choice for conquering these severe conditions.
APPLICATION: Stir thoroughly before and during use. Apply one or two coats. Paint Application: For best results, use a premium Benjamin Moore® custom-blended nylon/polyester brush, premium Benjamin Moore® roller, or a similar product. Apply paint generously from unpainted area into wet area. This product can also be sprayed via airless spray using .013 - .017 spray tips.
- Not recommended for sealing knots or over pine sap.
- On hard, non-porous surfaces, such as glazed ceramics and non-ferrous metal, maximum adhesion and hardness may take 3-4 days to develop.
- Do not apply when air and surface temperatures are below 40 °F (4.4 °C).
- Not recommended for use on floor surfaces.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 12.00 LBS