V157 Coal Tar Epoxy is a high solids, two component tar filled coating formulated to provide excellent film build in one or two coats. The high level of cross-linking provides an excellent barrier coat for immersion service in fresh water, salt water or waste water. Additionally, this product is resistant to many acids, alkalis and mild solvents in splash and spill exposures. The high build of this product provides an excellent non-conductive film for use between dissimilar metals. This product may be applied direct to prepared ferrous metal and concrete, however, a primer is recommended for maximum life expectancy. This is a two-component product that requires 4 parts of the V157-80 “A” Component mixed with 1 part of the V157-90 “B” Component. Mix ratio is 4:1. Do not mix partial kits.
- Formulated for use over properly prepared/primed steel, iron, concrete, and non-ferrous metal
- Provides excellent protection from water, acids, alkalis, and mild solvents
- Can be applied directly to the substrate; use with a primer for extra longevity
- Suitable for use in USDA inspected facilities
- Meets Performance Requirements for Army Corps of Engineers C-200
- Meets Performance Requirements for SSPC Paint 16
- Meets Performance Requirements for DOD-P-23236
Available Sheens: Flat
Available Colors: Black
Cleanup: Xylene or Epoxy Thinner
Resin Type: Coal Tar
Recommended Use: Interior or exterior
MPI Rating: 35
VOC Level: < 250 g/L
Recommended For: Properly prepared and/or primed Steel, Iron, Concrete, and non-ferrous metals. V157 Coal Tar Epoxy is designed for the waste water treatment, chemical processing, pulp and paper, and industrial maintenance markets or anywhere a tar filled polyamide epoxy is required for excellent resistance to water, chemicals and underground exposures.
NOTE: DUE TO VOC REGULATIONS, WE CAN NOT SHIP THIS ITEM TO THE FOLLOWING STATES: ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSLYVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, & VIRGINIA.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: V157Weight: 11.00 LBSWidth: 12.00Height: 8.00Depth: 7.00