FAMOWOOD® GLAZE COAT® HIGH BUILD EPOXY COATING is an ultra-clear, high gloss finish epoxy versatile enough to be used on just about any surface, either smooth or rough, stained or painted. This easy-to-use, 1:1 ratio is ideal for household and craft projects - just one pour equals 70 coats of varnish.
- HIGH BUILD EPOXY – just one pour equals 70 coats of varnish
- EASY TO USE – no measuring errors; easy 1:1 mixing ratio
- VERSATILE – may be used on any non-waxy material
- SELF-LEVELING – minimal spreading and maintenance required
- SHELF LIFE – not applicable; duration of shelf life has no effect on product performance
This ultra-clear, high gloss finishing epoxy is ideal for home improvement and
- Coat tables, clocks, game boards and furniture
- Imbed coins, rocks, sea shells, flowers or any non-waxy material
- Preserve pictures, photographs, posters, signs and ceramics
For use with:
- Bread Dough
- Unfired Clay
- Pine Cones
- Sea Shells
- Oil Paintings
- Pine Cones
Approximate Coverage @ 1/16" Thick
- Pint Kit: 4.5 sq.ft.
- Quart Kit: 9.0 sq.ft.
- Gallon Kit: 36 sq.ft.
Always test a small area before full use. For cartridges: clip nozzle tip and
puncture cartridge inside nozzle to flow product. Cartridge gun is required.
- Step 1 Surface must be dry, sanded and free from dirt, dust, grease, wax, or oil. Do not apply over damp or waxed surfaces.
- Step 2 Cover work area with waxed paper or equal. Elevate object to be coated on supports, i.e. paper cups. Be sure object is level. Have dust cover ready to use after pour. Wear protective gloves and clothing.
- Step 3 Pour equal parts side A and side B (1:1 ratio) into clean, un-waxed disposable paper cup or tub. Mix only by with slow and consistent revolutions in order to minimize trapping excess air bubbles into mixture. Stir combined parts A and B with a folding-into-center motion for at least 3 minutes, occasionally scraping sides, bottom and cleaning stir stick off several times on mixing container. To prevent problems with inadequate mixing, we suggest using a “double cup” method of mixing. Have two mixing containers ready and begin mixing in the first clean mixing container. After one minute of mixing, transfer Glaze Coat® mixture into the second container and continue mixing for two more minutes. Inadequate mixing is the most common reason for imperfect results. Mix in small batches.
- Step 4 Once thoroughly mixed, pour Glaze Coat® on the center of the surface to be covered. Follow by spreading the mixture over the entire area with a plastic spreader or a stiff card.
- Step 5 Allow fresh pours to cure in a warm room (70 °F / 21° C). Place a cover at least 3” above coated surface area to protect from dust particles when drying. In 12 to 15 hours, drip points may be removed from the backside of the project with a light sanding. Dust Free: 6 hours Handled: 24 hours Full Cure: 72 hours *Cure time will vary with humidity and temperature.
- Step 6 Use acetone for tool cleanup. Caution: Always use plenty of soap and water to cleanse skin.
- Step 7 When the surface is still wet, air bubbles can easily be removed by gently blowing up and away. For larger areas we recommend using a small propane torch. It is carbon dioxide, not heat which breaks up the bubbles.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: EP-5050060Weight: 2.50 LBS