Old Masters® Gel Stain is a highly pigmented, oil-based stain designed to achieve intense colors on interior and exterior wood, fiberglass, metal and composition surfaces. Its thick formula al- lows easy application and superior color control, necessary to achieve a rich and uniform color on most surfaces in a single application. Ideal for difficult-to-stain woods such as pine, poplar, maple, plywood and veneers, as well as nonporous surfaces including metal, composition (Ma- sonite), interior and exterior fiberglass doors and plastic moldings. Gel Stain comes in 21 factory- mixed colors and can also be intermixed or tinted to achieve custom colors.
- Application on Bare Wood: Apply stain liberally with brush or soft rag and remove excess, wiping in the direction of the grain. For a darker color, re-stain when first coat is dry. For a lighter color, wipe with a rag dampened with paint thinner before stain has dried. (The use of paint thinners or mineral spirits may violate VOC compliancy in your area. Check with your local government agencies to ensure proper compliancy.)
- Application on Fiberglass & Composition Surfaces: Stain one section or panel at a time. Apply a liberal coat of Gel Stain with a firm synthetic brush or lint-free rag and work the stain across and into the grain uniformly, feathering out streaks while stain is wet. Wipe brush often on a lint-free rag to remove excess stain.
- Application over Painted Surfaces: To create a simulated wood look, apply stain to painted sur- face with foam or bristle brush or cheesecloth using long, smooth strokes. Realistic woodgrain patterns can be created by using the Old Masters® Woodgraining Tool, as illustrated in the Old Masters® Woodgraining Booklet.
- Application over Previously Finished Surfaces: Scuff sand surface before application. Remove dust. Apply a liberal coat of Gel Stain with a firm synthetic brush or lint-free rag and work the stain across and into the grain uniformly, feathering out streaks while stain is wet. Wipe brush often on a lint-free rag to remove excess stain.
- If applying stain exteriorly, topcoating with an exterior clear finish is strongly recommended.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: OM-80816UPC: 086348808164Weight: 0.50 LBSWidth: 7.00Height: 7.00Depth: 7.00