Blockout Exterior Tannin Blocking Primer is designed for use as a multipurpose latex exterior whole-house primer. Blockout excels at priming exterior wood and is formulated for use on metal and masonry surfaces, siding or most exterior substrates. Its latex formula blocks tannin stains on all new and weathered wood surfaces and can be top-coated with latex or alkyd finish coats.
- Exceptional tannin-blocking power
- Formulated for exterior wood, metal & masonry
- Can be used on new or weathered wood
- Top-coat with latex or alkyd paints
Coverage: 300-400sq.ft. per gallon
- Tack Free: 30 minutes
- Recoat: 4 hours
Recommended for: On exterior siding, trim, fascia, fences and gutters. Will seal staining types of woods such as cedar and redwood in two coats. May be top-coated with latex or oil finishes.
Limitations: Do not apply when surface or air temperature is below 35 °F (1.7 °C) or if surface or air temperature will drop below 35 °F (1.7 °C) within 8 hours of application. Do not apply to a hot surface or if rain is threatening. Do not apply if temperature is within 5° of dew point.
Certifications & Qualifications:
- VOC compliant in all regulated areas.
- This product meets qualifications for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) projects.
- Master Painters Institute MPI # 6
Cleanup: Soap and water
Resin Type: Acrylic
Recommended Use: Exterior
MPI Rating: 6
VOC Level: < 100 g/L
Available Colors: White (We can tint towards finish coat color.) Click here to view the Benjamin Moore Color Gallery.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 11.00 LBSWidth: 10.00Height: 10.00Depth: 10.00