Flame Guard Fire Retardant Paint Additive is a granular additive designed to give paint a Class "B" fire retardant rating. If Class "A" is required, simply double the dose and it becomes a Class "A" fire retardant additive. Flame Guard can only be added to a flat latex coating. Otherwise, it will gel the coating. Any paint treated with Flame Guard is fully tint-able. Testing data employed for measuring the flame spread rate was: ASTM D 3806-79 that corresponds with ASTM E-84. It assumes Class "A" specification when used as directed.
- Give paint Class B Flame Spread Rating with 1 - 6oz. pack per gallon
- Give paint Class A Flame Spread Rating with 2 - 6oz. packs per gallon
- Add only to flat latex paint
- Paint remains tintable
- Nursing homes
- Private dwellings
- Day care facilities
- Fitness centers & gyms
- Old wooden homes
- Retail stores
- Manufacturing plants
- Wherever you wish to have added interior protection.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Add ONE packet of Flame Guard per gallon for a Class B fire rating.
- Add TWO packets of Flame Guard per gallon for a Class A fire rating.
- Mix thoroughly, then brush, roll or spray.
CAN I TINT MY PAINT? Unlike other fire retardant paints, Flame Guard is an additive that allows you to tint to any color in the spectrum.
HOW DOES FLAME GUARD WORK? FLAME GUARD IS NOT INTUMESCENT, meaning it is not a foam. It works by suffocating the substrate from the flame — therefore, if there is no oxygen for the flame, there is no fire.
WHERE CAN I USE FLAME GUARD? Flame Guard is recommended for INTERIOR USE ONLY. Flame Guard should be used on interior surfaces wherever you wish to “slow” the spread of the flame.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 35263UPC: 088621352630Weight: 0.50 LBSWidth: 12.00Height: 1.00Depth: 10.00