FLOETROL is a latex paint additive that makes interior and exterior latex or acrylic paint flow and level like oil-based paints while compensating for the adverse effects that weather and surface conditions have on paints and primers.
RECOMMENDED FOR: Use in Latex or Water-Based Paints and Primers
DRYING TIME: When added to paint, may increase the dry time of the paint. High humidity or temperatures below 50°F (10°C) may prolong drying and recoating times.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Shake container well. Always mix a small amount of FLOETROL with paint to test compatibility. If compatible, add FLOETROL to the latex or acrylic paint following these guidelines.
- When Painting with a Brush or Roller: Add approximately 8 oz. (237 mL) per gallon (3.78 Liters) of paint. If paint is thick, or in extreme temperatures, more FLOETROL may be gradually added, up to 16 oz. (473 mL) per gallon (3.78 Liters). Stir FLOETROL-paint mixture thoroughly. Paint as usual.
- When Painting with an Airless Sprayer: Add up to 32 oz. (946 mL) per gallon (3.78 Liters) of paint. Stir FLOETROL-paint mixture thoroughly. Paint as usual.
- When Painting with a Cup Gun Sprayer: FLOETROL acts as a stir-in lubricant. Helps cup guns work with latex or acrylic paints. Mix 4 to 8 oz. (118 to 237 mL) of FLOETROL into each quart (946 mL) of paint. The amount depends on the consistency and flow properties of the paint. Stir FLOETROL-paint mixture thoroughly. Paint as usual.
- Note: The amount of FLOETROL added will not change the color or sheen of flat or semi-gloss latex or acrylic paint. FLOETROL may reduce the sheen in gloss paints.
- Faux Finishing: Using an empty container or dispensable cup as a measuring device, mix 3 volumes of latex or acrylic paint to 1 volume of FLOETROL. The more FLOETROL you add to the mixture (glaze) the more open time you will have and the more translucent the finish will be. Do not add too much conditioner for vertical surfaces as technique may sag or vanish.
LIMITATIONS: Do not add too much conditioner for vertical surfaces as the technique may cause the paint to sag or vanish. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 9.00 LBS