GacoFlex E5320 is a two-component, water-based epoxy primer that is ideal for use on most roofing surfaces including metal roofs and flashings. This easy-to-apply primer bonds to properly prepared roofing surfaces and improves adhesion of GacoFlex silicone coatings and other top coats, especially on weathered surfaces that are difficult to get completely clean. On asphalt-based surfaces it may help prevent bleed-through, and when top coated will help prevent corrosion. When mixed with ordinary sand, it’s a masonry block filler.
- IMPROVES TOP COAT ADHESION. GacoFlex E5320 is an excellent multi-purpose primer that improves adhesion of GacoFlex Silicone Coatings and other top coats.
- MAY HELP PREVENT ASPHALT BLEED-THROUGH.
- MASONRY BLOCK FILLER. When combined with ordinary sand, GacoFlex E5320 works great as a masonry block filler.
- EXCELLENT ADHESION. GacoFlex E5320 offers excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs, metal flashing, single-ply membranes and more.
COLOR: Part A is white. Part B is brown. The combined product is light pink
USAGE: This multi-purpose primer offers excellent adhesion to most surfaces. It improves adhesion of GacoFlex Silicone Coatings and other top coats. On asphalt-based surfaces it may help prevent bleed-through; when top coated it will help prevent corrosion. It can also be used as a masonry block filler when combined with ordinary sand.
- Metal roofs
- Metal flashing
- Existing coatings
- Wood, masonry
- Single-ply membranes and more.
WEATHERABILITY: Must be top-coated when used in exterior applications.
THEORETICAL COVERAGE: When used unreduced as a block filler, the coverage is 70-100 sq. ft. per gallon (6.5 to 9.3 m2 / 3.78 L). When reduced with one pint of water per gallon (0.5 L per 3.78L) of mixed GacoFlex E5320 and applied to smooth concrete, the coverage is 200-250 sq. ft. per gallon (18.6 to 23.2m2 /3.78 L). NOTE: Actual coverage may be less due to surface profile, losses due to overspray and wind, and residual coating left in the container.
VOC: <100 g/l (Part A and B Combined)
SOLIDS: 60.5% by Weight / 44% by Volume
MIXING: GacoFlex E5320 is a two-component material; Equal parts by volume of Part A and Part B must be properly combined prior to application according to the following directions. Mix Part A well for 3-5 minutes. Mix Part B for 3-5 minutes. Pour Part B into a clean, empty pail. Pour Part A into the same pail. It will sink. Mix both together for 3-5 minutes. Mixture will appear thin and light pink in color. Power mixing is recommended when combining more than one gallon (3.79 L) each of Part A and Part B.
POT LIFE: Pot life after mixing is 1.5 hours at 75°F (24°C); the pot life will double at 55°F (13°C), however at 100°F (38°C) pot life is reduced to 45 minutes.
THINNING: Thinning is not normally required for roller application. When thinning is necessary to extend pot life for spraying, for application at cool temperatures, or to achieve recommended application rates, thin combined material with 10%-20% clean water and mix thoroughly. Do not thin more than 20%.
APPLICATION: Product may be applied by brush, roller or spray. On smooth surfaces, use a 1/4” to 3/8” nap roller or nylon brush. When applying E5320 as block filler for porous concrete, use a 1” to 1-1/4” nap roller. If blow holes form as the primer dries, make a second pass with a relatively dry roller; allow 5 to 10 minutes between passes. Contact Gaco Western for application utilizing equipment. Do not apply to surfaces which are below 50°F (10°C).
- On single ply membrane roofs, apply one coat at the rate of 1 gallon per 500 sq. ft. (combined material will need to be thinned 10%-20% with water to achieve this spread rate).
- On metal, apply one coat at the rate of 1 gallon per 300 sq. ft.
- On asphalt-based surfaces including smooth cap sheet, apply 2 separate coats of 1 gallon per 250 sq. ft. For granulated surfaces, apply 2 separate coats of 1 gallon per 200 sq. ft. Allow first coat to dry for 2 hours before application of second coat. NOTE: Application rate is job-specific. Additional material may be required.
DRY TIME: Allow the first coat to dry for a minimum of 2 hours before application of the second coat. Allow to dry a minimum of 6 hours before application of top coat. Dry time is dependent upon temperature and humidity.
- Note: Where maximum solvent resistance is needed, apply two coats a minimum of two hours apart. Let cure for two days with a daily maximum temperature of 70°F (21°C) or higher. For 60°F (16°C) days, allow one week. Full cure and dry time can be longer when there is poor air ventilation such as in tanks or enclosed reservoirs.
APPLICATION OF TOP COATS: GacoFlex Silicone Coatings and most other coatings will adhere well to cured E5320 films up to one week old, provided that the surface is clean, dry and free of chalk. Note: Neoprene should not be applied directly to GacoFlex E5320 until it has cured overnight.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: E5320-02UPC: 685055852073Weight: 20.00 LBSWidth: 18.00Height: 10.00Depth: 10.00