Enhance the allure of your outdoor settings using the Woodluxe Water-Based Semi-Transparent Exterior Wood Stain from Benjamin Moore. Meticulously crafted with a blend of precision and ingenuity, this high-quality stain presents an impeccable answer to safeguarding and enriching the inherent beauty of your wooden surfaces. Designed for deep stain penetration, ensuring a long-lasting protective layer that shields your wood against the elements. Say goodbye to peeling and hello to longevity. Woodluxe Water-Based Semi-Transparent is engineered for minimal film formation, allowing it to wear over time gracefully rather than peel off. Experience a stain that evolves with your wood ensuring lasting satisfaction. Enjoy the richness of color that penetrates the wood fibers, enhancing its natural beauty.
Woodluxe WB Semi-Transparent Stain is a premium quality water‐based waterproofing, stain and sealer that utilizes a proprietary, acrylic resin that penetrates deep into the wood. This proprietary resin is designed to beautify and protect exterior wood surfaces. Designed to stand up to harsh weather conditions in addition to being a UV and mildew resistant coating.
- Advanced all‐weather protection
- Easy application with minimal prep
- Provides a UV & mildew resistant coating
Coverage: 300 – 400 Sq. Ft. per gallon
- To Touch: 1 hour
- To Recoat: 4 hours
- Exterior wood decking
- Ideal for softwoods like cedar and pine.
Compliance & Certifications
- OTC II
Surface Preparation: Optimal performance is achieved when the product is applied to a clean, dry, and absorbent wood substrate. The moisture content of the wood should not exceed 15% to allow for proper penetration.
- New Wood: Smooth planed wood siding, trim, or decking must be sanded thoroughly or treated with Woodluxe™ Wood Brightener and Neutralizer (017) to break the “mill glaze” and allow proper penetration. After prep is complete, allow the wood to dry then test for penetration by applying a few drops of water to the substrate. If the water does not quickly penetrate, repeat prep, or consult your Benjamin Moore® retailer.
- Weathered Wood: Prior to staining, gray and weathered wood must be treated with Woodluxe™ Wood Restorer (016), following label directions, until a sound surface is obtained (loose or damaged wood fibers removed).
- Un‐weathered areas such as eaves, ceilings, overhangs, or protected areas must be washed with Woodluxe™ All‐In‐One Wood Cleaner (018) and rinsed with a strong stream from a garden hose to remove surface salts that can interfere with proper adhesion.
- Previously Stained Surfaces: This product can also be applied to surfaces previously stained that is weathered but is not flaking or peeling. Remove contaminants or chalky residue from weathered stained surfaces by washing with Woodluxe™ All‐In‐ One Wood Cleaner (018) and allow to dry thoroughly. If the existing stain is flaking or peeling itshould be removed prior to staining. Existing paint, stain or sealer can be removed by sanding with an On Floor machine or using Woodluxe™ Wood Stain Remover (015).
- Mildew: Stains from mildew must be removed by cleaning with Woodluxe™ All‐In‐One Wood Cleaner (018) prior to coating the surface.
Application: Prior to staining, ensure you have enough product to complete an entire section. In can color may differ from the final dried finish, therefore it is recommended to test a small area for color acceptance. When using multiple containers, intermix stain to ensure color uniformity. Stirthoroughly before and occasionally during use. Stain can be applied by brush, roller, pad applicator, or using a pump sprayer. For roller, pad, or spray application, follow with back brushing for greater penetration. Only one coat is necessary when applied at the recommended coverage rates listed. If needed, a second coat may be applied after a minimum of 4 hours. Please note that multiple coats will affect the opacity of the final finish and obscure more of the natural color of the wood. When used as a deck stain, allow to dry for 48 hours before putting furniture back and returning to service. Temperature and humidity may affect drying time. In can color may differ from the final dried finish. Apply evenly, allowing the stain to penetrate into the wood. Brush from dry into wet areas, stopping at natural breaks, i.e., stairs or edges. To minimize lapping, always maintain a wet edge. On siding or decking, apply the stain on a section of 2 or 3 boards completely across the length of the boards. Continue by coating the next section of boardsin the same manner until the area is completed. Verticalsiding is coated using the same principle from top to bottom. Never stop staining in the middle of the board; continue until a natural break is reached. Avoid staining in direct sunlight as this will prevent the product from penetrating properly and causing lap marks. Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 40 °F and 90 °F.
- Brush: Nylon / polyester
- Roller: Premium Quality
- Spray, Airless:
- Pressure / 2,000 – 3000psi, .13-.17 tip