WOOD Rx is, by far, the best prescription for any wood surface. It is a technologically advanced, water based finish that effectively penetrates, seals and protects exterior wood surfaces. WOOD Rx resists moisture penetration and retards the aging (silvering) process of new wood. It contains an effective fungicide which resists mildew growth on the film and a powerful UV screener which filters out the sun’s harmful rays. WOOD Rx protects and beautifies wood surfaces 3-5 times longer than conventional, competitive wood sealers.
- Beautiful Furniture-Like, Satin Finish
- May Be Applied To Damp Wood
- UV Resistant
- Moisture Resistant
- Waer-Based, 100% Acrylic Formula
- Trans Oxide Pigments
- Easy Application
- Fast Dry
- Virtually all properly prepared, exterior wood surfaces
- Specialty hardwoods
- Pressure treated lumber
- Garden furniture
- Log/timber frame homes.
ESTIMATED DRY TIMES
- Touch: 30 minutes
- Recoat: When 1st coat is dry
- Foot traffic: 24 hours
SURFACE PREPARATION: Dirt, grease, grime and any foreign material should be removed before applying WOOD Rx. Be sure surface is clean and dry.
- Apply a solution of 1 part household bleach or bleach alternative, 1 part dishwashing soap and 4 parts water.
- Scrub and/or pressure wash as necessary to remove any surface contaminants.
- Apply a test sample of WOOD Rx to insure proper adhesion and an appealing appearance. If beading or crawling occurs, contact Southern Paint prior to applying.
- Stir WOOD Rx thoroughly before use.
- Apply with a brush, roller or airless sprayer. Back-brushing is recommended.
- Two thin coats are recommended for maximum performance. The second coat may be applied as soon as the first coat is dry to the touch. The surface must be dry to apply the second coat.
- Do not apply in direct, hot sunlight or when surface temperatures are below 50 deg. F. If surface is hot and dry, cool down with clean, fresh water and apply WOOD Rx to cool, moist surface. Avoid runs on vertical surfaces and puddles on horizontal surfaces. Take care to avoid “lapping.” Always work with a wet edge and with the grain of the wood. Do not stop in the middle of a board and try to come back later to pick up where you left off. Stop at a logical break point to avoid the possibility of creating lap marks.
NEW PRESSURE TREATED LUMBER:
- It is recommended that new pressure treated lumber weather for six months prior to applying WOODRx Original.
- WOOD Rx Original does not require thinning and should be used as is, directly from the container.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 9.00 LBS