Corotech® V160 Surface Tolerant Epoxy Mastic is a high solids, surface tolerant epoxy formulated for professional use. This product is excellent for use on ferrous and non-ferrous metals, and when properly top-coated, exhibits excellent chemical and moisture resistance. Resists solvents, dilute acids and alkali attack. Is suitable for use for protecting concrete substrates in secondary containment applications and can be used for immersion applications. Additionally, this primer is formulated to offer long-term rust prevention, and is excellent when used in a system with epoxy intermediates, immersion service epoxies, and other high performance topcoats. Available in White and Bases. This product is suitable for use in USDA inspected facilities. This is a two-component product that requires 1 part of the V160 “A” Component mixed with 1 part of the V160-90 “B” Component. Do not mix partial kits.
2 GALLON KIT (Includes A and B)
- High Solids and High Build
- Surface tolerant mastic for marginal substrates
- Hard scratch and impact resistant coating
- Excellent for secondary containment
- Qualifies for LEEDS credits
- Suitable for use in USDA inspected facilities
Available Sheens: Semi-Gloss; Catalyst
POT LIFE: 2 hours @ 77 degrees
COVERAGE: 175-275 sq.ft. per gallon
- To Touch 4 Hours
- To Recoat 12 Hours
- To Cure 3 to 4 Days
- Suitable for use in USDA inspected facilities.
- Master Painters Institute MPI # 116 & 101
Available Colors: Tintable White, Deep Base and Clear Base (PLEASE NOTE: When tinting primer we tint 1/2 formula resulting in lighter colors.)
SURFACE PREPARATION: All surfaces must be sound, dry, clean and free of oil, grease, dirt, mildew, mill scale, form release agents, curing compounds, loose and flaking paint and other surface contaminants. Wash using V600 Oil & Grease Emulsifier.
- Concrete and Masonry (When used as a block filler): All masonry surfaces must be allowed to cure a minimum of 30 days before painting. Acid etch or abrasive blast all slick, glazed concrete or concrete with laitance. For acid etching, follow all manufacturer’s directions and safety instructions. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Apply V160 directly to substrate.
- Concrete and Masonry (When used as a system): Prime concrete with one coat of V155 100% Solids Epoxy Pre-Primer or V156 Moisture Tolerant Quick Set Epoxy.
- Steel and Ferrous Metals: All direct to metal coatings provide maximum performance over near white metal blasted surfaces (SSPC-SP 10). There are however, situations and cost considerations that may prevent this type of surface preparation from being done. Corotech® Industrial Coatings have been designed to provide protection over less than ideal surfaces. The recommended standard is a commercial blast (SSPC-SP 6). The steel profile after the blast should be 1-2 mils and be jagged in nature. Surfaces must be free of grit dust. The coating should be applied as soon as possible after the blast in order to prevent flash rusting or surface contamination. Hand tool cleaning (SSPC-SP 2) or power tool cleaning (SSPC-SP 3) can be used if blasting is not possible. In areas where adequate surface preparation is not possible the use of V155 100% Solids Epoxy Pre-Primer is recommended.
- Galvanized and Non-Ferrous Metals: Solvent clean all surfaces. V160 is Self-Priming on Non-Ferrous Metals.
- Previously Painted Surfaces: Can be applied over most old industrial finishes in good condition. Test patches are recommended to check for wrinkling or lifting of existing coatings. V155 100% Solids Epoxy PrePrimer may be used as a barrier coat over all existing coatings.
Mixing Instructions: This is a two component kit and is pre-proportioned for error free mixing. DO NOT vary from these instructions. Mix “A” & “B” separately before combining
- Carefully combine the entire contents of V160-90 activator with the V160-Part A component; scrape the sides of the pail of Part B to make sure all liquid has been added.
- Using a jiffy mixer at low speed, blend this mixture for three to five minutes until completely blended. Keep the mixing blade turning at a slow speed to minimize whipping air into material. Scrape sides of pail during the mixing process.
- Care must be taken to assure both components are completely mixed in order to avoid partially cured spots in the coating.
- Allow to induct for 15 minutes.
Do not thin this product – it is ready to use once both components are thoroughly mixed. It is extremely important to remember that Epoxy Coatings have a limited pot life; therefore, it is wise to make sure sufficient manpower and correct application tools are in order prior to starting the mixing sequence. Estimated pot life is: 5 Hrs. @ 50 °F (10 °C) / 3 Hrs. @ 60 °F (15 °C) / 2 Hrs. @ 77 °F (25 °C) / 1 Hr. @ 100 °F (37.7 °C)
Airless Spray (Preferred Method): Tip range between .019 and .021. Total fluid output pressure at tip should not be less than 2100 psi.
Air Spray (Pressure Pot): DeVilbis MBC or JGA gun, with 704 or 765 air cap and Fluid Tip E.
Brush: Natural Bristle only.
Roller: Industrial Cover with Phenolic core. ¼” – ½” nap.
NOTE: Do not allow material to remain in hoses, gun or spray equipment. Thoroughly flush all equipment with recommended thinner. No reduction is necessary. Do not apply if material, substrate or ambient temperature is below 50 °F (10 °C). Relative humidity should be below 90%. Do not apply if within 5 degrees of dew point or if rain is expected within 12 hours of application.
Additional Notes: All high gloss surfaces can be slippery. Where nonskid properties are required, a non-skid additive should be used. All epoxy coatings will chalk and fade if applied on exterior surfaces subjected to direct sunlight. All epoxies tend to yellow. Where color and gloss retention is important top-coating will be necessary. This product will stain with prolonged exposure to some solvents and chemicals or in kennels if exposed to animal waste. This staining will not affect the durability or protective qualities of the coating. This product will not cure at surface temperatures below 45 °F (7.2 °C).
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: V160-86-01UPC: 090548230465Weight: 23.00 LBSWidth: 14.00Height: 8.00Depth: 7.00