TuffCrete® Waterproofing Concrete Stain is a solvent acrylic designed for deep penetration into concrete surfaces. This produces the necessary adhesion to support finish coats that will provide outstanding durability. The low sheen matte finish provides good slip resistance on floors and helps hide surface defects. The application of Waterproofing Concrete Stain on concrete surfaces will retard spalling and substrate deterioration. Because Waterproofing Concrete Stain is solvent thinned, each coat will solvent bond into the previous coat which helps reduce chipping and peeling.
- Excellent adhesion
- Durable low sheen finish
- Non fading
- Quick drying
- Deep concrete penetration
- Superior wear resistance
- Apply in one coat as a stain or two coats as an opaque coating
Coverage: 300-400sq.ft. per gallon
- Tack Free: 1 hour
- Recoat: 2 hours
- Light Foot Traffic: 2 housr
- Heavy Foot Traffic: 24-48 hours
Recommended For: For commercial and residential Stucco, Aggregate, Floors, Ramps, Driveways, Walkways, Patios, Steps, and Block Brick. TuffCrete Concrete Stain and Waterproofing Sealer is an interior-exterior coating for vertical or horizontal concrete surfaces. The cured film has good resistance to ponding water
Limitations: EXTREMELY HIGH ODOR, ONLY USE INTERIOR WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION AND RESPIRATORS. Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces. Not for immersion service. Tint with industrial colorants only. Do not apply when material temperature is above 90 °F (32 °C).
Certifications & Qualifications: MPI Rating: 58, 104
Available Sheens: Low sheen
Available Colors: Clear, White, Neutral Base, Gray Pearl, Light Gray, Tile Red, Terracotta, Pine Green, Desert Sand, and Saddle Brown
Resin Type: Acrylic
Recommended Use: Interior or exterior
VOC Level: < 720 g/L
NOTE: DUE TO VOC REGULATIONS, WE CAN NOT SHIP THIS ITEM TO THE FOLLOWING STATES: ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSLYVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, & VIRGINIA.
- Uncoated Concrete: All fully cured and uncoated concrete must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease, dirt or other foreign matter that could interfere with penetration and adhesion. Grease, release agents and dirt can be removed by scrubbing the surface with an Oil and Grease Emulsifier. Rinse well with clean water. To neutralize uncoated concrete, etch the surface with a concrete etching material or muriatic acid. Follow all label instructions carefully.
- Previously Coated Concrete: Remove all oil, grease, dirt or other foreign matter by scrubbing the surface with an Oil and Grease Emulsifier. Rinse well with clean water and allow it to dry. Previously coated surfaces should be tested with Concrete Stain & Waterproofing Sealer to determine coating compatibility so lifting of the old finish does not occur.
APPLICATION: Concrete Stain & Waterproofing Sealer may be applied by low pressure airless spray, roller or brush. Apply evenly in thin coats to avoid lap marks at 300-400 square feet per gallon. Allow the first coat to dry two hours then apply a second coat of Concrete Stain & Waterproofing Sealer. If a high sheen or additional durability is needed, spray-apply one or two coats of Insl-x ® CST-5100 Clear over the last coat of pigmented Concrete Stain & Waterproofing Sealer. CST-5100 Clear can be used separately as a clear sealer to reduce dusting and improve maintenance. This product is formulated to be applied without thinning. Do not thin if this would result in the product exceeding any VOC regulations in effect where it is being applied.
TO AVOID SOLVENT ENTRAPMENT, APPLY IN THIN COATS Do not apply when ambient, surface or material temperature is in excess of 90 °F Test all previously coated surfaces with Concrete Stain & Waterproofing Sealer to determine coating compatibility. This acrylic coating contains Xylene, which could cause lifting of some types of coatings.
- Do not use around open flame. Extinguish all pilot lights and do not smoke during application.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces as gas blisters can be created by the heat turning the solvent into a gas.
- When acid etching the surface, always add acid to water. Mix solution in a polyethylene bucket. Always wear protective clothing, boots, gloves and goggles.
ReviewsCazThis is my go to paint for all my tuff foot traffic walkways, and more. The Xylene base must be the advantage in this version because nothing comes close to the durability and finished look it has. A shout out to my supplier Joe with “Southern Paint and Supply Co., for the fast shipping and great price. The awsome
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 10.00 LBSWidth: 10.00Height: 10.00Depth: 10.00Bulk Pricing: Buy in bulk and save
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 4 - 8 and get 3% off
- Buy 9 - 12 and get 5% off
- Buy 13 or above and get 6% off