MasterClear® Supreme is a water base self-crosslinking acrylic/aliphatic polyurethane protective topcoat that dries quickly to a durable clear finish. Advanced Resin Technologies protect Interior Surfaces against abrasion, scuffing, chipping, water, alcohol, household chemicals, plus it protects Exterior Surfaces from oxidation, salt air, chlorine, acid rain, bird droppings, mildew, etc. MasterClear Supreme has outstanding gloss retention and clarity with added UV Blockers and Absorbers that greatly reduce the sun’s graying and fading effects on stained wood and painted surfaces, keeping them looking fresh for years. The Innovative Low-VOC Formula has very little odor and exceeds all National and Regional VOC category requirements!
- Crystal Clear Finish.
- Self-Crosslinking Technology.
- Ultimate UV Protection.
- LEED Specified – EQ Credit 4.2.
- Exceeds All National and Regional VOC Regulations.
Where to use:
Interiors: Protects painted surfaces, wallpaper, bare wood, oil and water based stained wood, doors, columns, cabinetry, window sills, mantels, wainscot, wood paneling, crown molding, baseboards, chair rails,
furniture and picture frames. It is a perfect clear coat for faux marble and wood grained surfaces.
Exteriors: UV and weather resistant, it extends the life of previously painted surfaces, stained or unstained wood and aluminum surfaces such as doors, porch surrounds and supports, decorative moldings, painted facades, murals, garage doors, anodized aluminum window casings, aluminum paneling, outdoor furniture and garden ornaments.
NOTE: MasterClear Supreme is not recommended for surfaces painted with Metallic Paint Collection™, white or light colored surfaces or for use on floors.
- Painted Surfaces: Should be fully cured prior to application, clean, dry and free from dust, rust, stains, grease, oil, mildew, wax, efflorescence and other contaminants.
- Bare Wood: Should be prepared by first sanding the surface smooth, removing dust with a vacuum and then wiping the surface clean with an oil-free tack cloth. Moisten the wood surface with a wet towel or sponge and allow it to dry. When dry, sand the raised grain with fine sandpaper until smooth, then vacuum and wipe clean with the oil-free tack cloth.
- Oil Base or Water Base Stained Wood: Follow stain manufacturer’s instructions for application and dry times for clear coating with a water based poly. Make sure the stain has been wiped off the surface completely and has dried a minimum of 24 hours before applying MasterClear Supreme.
- Aluminum: Clean the aluminum. The amount of cleaning will depend on the condition of the anodized aluminum. If window frames or extruded anodized aluminum is just dull or faded, it can be washed with mild soap and water. Use microfiber cloths which are inexpensive and will clean the metal very effectively. If the anodized aluminum is pitted or stained, use a noscratch cleanser or synthetic steel wool made by 3M (do not use regular steel wool , small pieces can remain on window frames and will rust). Rinse well. Let dry. If any oxidation remains, wipe with the microfiber cloth. Finally, wipe down the anodized aluminum with denatured alcohol and wear neoprene gloves to protect your hands.
Application: Stir thoroughly before use, do not shake. MasterClear Supreme can be brushed, rolled or spray applied. Sand between coats to achieve the smoothest finish. Optimal conditions are 60°F/16°C to 80°F/27°C and 30% to 60% relative humidity. Do not apply in temperatures below 55°F/13°C or above 95°F/35°C.
- Brushing: Use a high-quality synthetic bristle brush.
- Rolling: Use a high-quality short nap varnish roller
- Spraying: To spray, thin with up to 10%, 12 fluid ounces/360 ml of water to one gallon/3.78 liters of MasterClear Supreme. Use an HVLP gun, conventional cup gun or airless spray system with a fine tip.
Taping: Use high quality, low-tack tape when taping over surfaces that have been previously painted and fully cured.
Dry Times: Dry-to-touch time is approximately 1/2 hour. Tack free in one hour. Recoat time is approximately 1-2 hours (drying times were recorded at 70°F and 50%RH): Note: Lower temperature and/or higher humidity will lengthen the dry and cure times.
Coverage: One gallon/3.78 liters will cover approximately 300 to 400 square feet/27 to 37 square meters, approximately 1 mil dry film thickness per coat. For best results and maximum protection apply a minimum of two coats and on surfaces in extreme weather conditions apply three coats.
Clean Up: Clean brushes, rollers, tool, and equipment with soap and warm water immediately after use. Do not reuse containers and properly dispose of empty containers.
Material VOC: Contains less than 50 g/L.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: MCS90132UPC: 740774982620Weight: 3.00 LBSWidth: 7.00Height: 7.00Depth: 7.00