Floor Tex Topcoat is a clear protective top coat engineered with premium water-based acrylic resins designed to add additional protection for concrete paints, stains and textured coatings. Ideal for use over SEAL-KRETE Floor-Tex textured concrete coating to extend life of coating and protect against wear.
- Pool Decks
- Concrete paints, stains and textured coatings
- Bare concrete
- Exposed aggregate
- Concrete pavers
SURFACE PREP*: Note: The surface should be clean and dry. You may need an oil stain remover to lift stubborn oil stains. Pressure-washing is recommended.
- Bare Concrete: Concrete must have cured for a minimum of 30 days. Etch smooth-finished concrete (such as basement or garage floors) with a concrete etching solution. Note: If etching with muriatic acid the area must be neutralized before proceeding. For more information visit www.seal-krete.com.
- Painted Surfaces: For use over one-part water-based coatings only and ideal for use over SEAL-KRETE Floor-Tex textured coating. Not recommended over acid-based stains or oil-based coatings. Freshly painted surfaces must have cured for a minimum of 24 hours. Paint must be sound (not blistering or peeling). Existing painted surfaces should be cleaned with a solution of Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) and water. Rinse well and allow to dry.
APPLICATION: Read “LIMITATIONS” section before use. This product is ready to use; do not dilute. Apply in light, even coats. One coat is recommended; however, over porous surfaces (like saltillo tile) or when a higher sheen is desired, apply a second coat. Note: Sealer goes on milky white but dries clear.
- Roller: Dampen roller, remove excess water, then saturate roller with product. Keep a wet edge while rolling. Do not allow to puddle, foam or run. (Use a 1/4” nap for smooth surfaces, 3/8” nap for rough or porous surfaces.)
- Pump Sprayer: Set at a fine spray and apply using a circular motion. To eliminate puddling or to achieve a more uniform finish, backroll immediately after spraying.
COVERAGE: 150–300 sq.ft. per gallon, depending on surface porosity.
- To touch: 1 hour at 77°F (25°C) 50% RH.
- Recoat: 2 hours.
- Dry to foot traffic: 24 hours.
- Vehicular traffic: 72 hours.
Dry times should be extended in colder climates.
LIMITATIONS: Temperatures should be between 50°–90°F (10°–32°C) and should not fall below 50°F (10°C) within 24 hours of application. Do not apply if rain is expected within 12 hours. Do not use over acid-based stains or two part water-based or solvent-based epoxy coatings. Do not use on glazed tile. Do not use in areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. Smooth-finished concrete may be slippery when wet; consider using an anti-skid additive like SEAL-KRETE Clear Grip on high foot traffic areas.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: SK-402001UPC: 015944402018Weight: 9.00 LBSWidth: 14.00Height: 8.00Depth: 10.00