Polyamide Epoxy Coating is a multi-use epoxy designed for tanks, machinery, floors, structural members, walls, boats, and other industrial and commercial substrates requiring a durable coating in severe environments. Moderate- to heavy-duty performance in commercial/industrial environments exposed to intermittent spillage of mild to heavier chemicals, occasional steam and chemical cleaning. Excellent for use on ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals and galvanized metal. This is a two component product that requires 1 part of the proper "A" component mixed with 1 part of part "B" catalyst. The components are already pre-measured to the proper mix ratio. No measuring required. Do not mix partial kits.
- Highly cross-linked film for toughness and durability
- Resists many chemicals and solvents
- Suitable For Use In USDA Inspected Facilities
- Suitable for immersion
- Medium build epoxy
Recommended for: Corotech V400 Polyamide Epoxy is a multi-use epoxy designed for coating items including:
- Structural members
CERTIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Suitable for Use in USDA Inspected Facilities
- MIL-C-22750 & MIL-P-24441
- MIL-C-4556 & MIL-C-22750 (Semi-Gloss)
- Master Painters Institute MPI # 177 (Semi-Gloss)
- Master Painters Institute MPI # 82 when used with an anti-slip additive
- Master Painters Institute MPI # 108 (Semi-Gloss)
COLOR: Available in Clear, White, Safety Yellow, Safety Red, Silver Gray, Battleship Gray, Black, and Custom Colors. NOTE: CUSTOM COLORS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
COVERAGE: 400-500sq.ft. per gallon
SHEEN: Gloss or Semi-Gloss (semi-gloss may have additional processing time)
- To Touch: 6hrs
- Recoat: 10-12hrs
- Max Recoat: 3 days (must scuff sand after 3 days to recoat)
- Foot Traffic: 24-48hrs
- Full Cure: 7 days
POT LIFE: About 7 hours
SURFACE PREPARATION: All surfaces must be sound, dry, clean and free of oil, grease, dirt, mildew, mill scale, form release agents, curing compounds, loose and flaking paint and other surface contaminants.
- NEW SURFACES: Concrete and Masonry: All masonry surfaces must be allowed to cure a minimum of 30 days before painting. Acid etch or abrasive blast all slick, glazed concrete or concrete with laitance. For acid etching, follow all manufacturer’s directions and safety instructions. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Prime concrete with one coat of V155 100% Solids Epoxy Pre-Primer.
- Steel and Ferrous Metals: All direct to metal coatings provide maximum performance over near white metal blasted surfaces (SSPC-SP 10). There are however, situations and cost considerations that may prevent this type of surface preparation from being done. Corotech® Industrial Coatings have been designed to provide protection over less than ideal surfaces. The recommended standard is a commercial blast (SSPC-SP 6). The steel profile after the blast should be 1-2 mils and be jagged in nature. Surfaces must be free of grit dust. The coating should be applied as soon as possible after the blast in order to prevent flash rusting or surface contamination. Hand tool cleaning (SSPC-SP 2) or power tool cleaning (SSPC-SP 3) can be used if blasting is not possible. In areas where adequate surface preparation is not possible the use of V155 100% Solids Epoxy Pre- Primer is recommended. In highly corrosive areas where additional rust inhibitive qualities are required, prime with one coat of V170 Organic Zinc Rich Primer prior to applying epoxy coatings.
- Galvanized and Non-ferrous Metals: Solvent clean all surfaces. Apply one coat of Corotech® V110 Acrylic Metal Primer or V175 Waterborne Bonding Primer.
- Weathered Galvanized: Clean Thoroughly - Apply one coat V155 100% Solid Epoxy Pre-Primer.
- Previously Painted Surfaces: Can be applied over most old industrial finishes in good condition. Test patches are recommended to check for wrinkling or lifting of existing coatings. V155 100% Solids Epoxy Pre-Primer may be used as a barrier coat over all existing coatings.
- Mixing Instructions: This is a two component kit and is pre-proportioned for error free mixing. DO NOT vary from these instructions. Mix “A” & “B” separately before combining.
- Carefully combine the entire contents of V400-90, V400- 91 or V400-92 activator with the V400-Part A component; scrape the sides of the pail of Part B to make sure all liquid has been added.
- Using a jiffy mixer at low speed, blend this mixture for three to five minutes until completely blended.
- Keep the mixing blade turning at a slow speed to minimize whipping air into material. Scrape sides of pail during the mixing process.
- Care must be taken to assure both components are completely mixed in order to avoid partially cured spots in the coating.
- Allow to induct for 30 minutes.
It is extremely important to remember that Epoxy Coatings have a limited pot life; therefore, it is wise to make sure sufficient manpower and correct application tools are in order prior to starting the mixing sequence. Estimated pot life is: 14 Hrs. @ 50 °F (10 °C) / 7 Hrs. @ 77 °F (25 °C) / 3 Hrs. @ 100 °F (38 °C) Do not thin this product – it is ready to use once both components are thoroughly mixed.
- Airless Spray (Preferred Method): Tip range between .015 and .019. Total fluid output pressure at tip should not be less than 2000 psi.
- Air Spray (Pressure Pot): DeVilbis MBC or JGA gun, with 704 or 765air cap and Fluid Tip E.
- Brush: Natural Bristle only.
- Roller: Industrial Cover with Phenolic core. ¼” – ½” nap.
NOTE: Do not allow material to remain in hoses, gun or spray equipment. Thoroughly flush all equipment with recommended thinner. No reduction is necessary.
Special Note: To ensure complete clarity of the V400-00 Clear, this item should only be catalyzed with the V400-90 Gloss Converter. The use of the Semi-Gloss Converter will give the V400-00 Clear a hazy look. All painted surfaces may be slippery, especially when wet.
Where non-skid characteristics are desired, hand broadcast an appropriate anti-slip aggregate into the wet film then back-roll to encapsulate. Benjamin Moore’s Corotech Anti-Slip Aggregate V630 works well for non-clear coats. All epoxy coatings will chalk and fade if applied on exterior surfaces subjected to direct sunlight.
All epoxies tend to yellow. Where color and gloss retention is important, top-coating will be necessary. Will stain with prolonged exposure to some solvents and chemicals or in kennels if exposed to animal waste. This staining will not affect the durability or protective qualities of the coating. Do not apply if material, substrate or ambient temperature is below 45 °F (7.2 °C). Relative humidity should be below 90%. Do not apply if within 5 degrees of dew point or if rain is expected within 12 hours of application.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:Weight: 22.00 LBSWidth: 18.00Height: 10.00Depth: 10.00